Monday, February 27, 2006

Jim Leaves Us...

The "Head Kitty in Charge of All Things Feline" passed away last night. Though he had lost quite a bit of weight during his battle with intestinal lymphoma, he continued to eat pretty well and still spent his days watching "his boys" (Rocky and HotRod) play in the yard. On Saturday, he was even outside taking a dirt bath.

Sunday found him spending his entire day inside at the top of the cat tree, still purring but only licking at the Fancy Feast juice. That night, I gave him the usual medications and some subcutaneous fluids, as I had been doing daily to keep him hydrated. In my heart I knew that he was nearing the final hours of his time here with us, so he and I used HTA (Healing Touch For Animals) and flower essences from Shining Spirits to keep him comfortable. He passed away surrounded by our love and in his favorite place, with his friends. I wouldn't have it any other way for him....

No comments: